Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Like wow.



Yesterday was surprisingly busy considering...everything.
I figure I might as well share what I DID get done, since i didn't get much done for my project.
That way you know I'm not just dinking around.

I ate some yummy lunch/dinner while going over my Art History notes.
I went to the choir I don't normally get to go to, because I am really falling behind in learning the extra songs...which meant I was in choir for a solid 2.5 hours yesterday. I think I coughed upwards of 100 times during that. I can hardly WAIT to be completely healthy again...

Anyway, by the time I got out of choir it was 7 pm. (Jeeze...)

I decided to get my car and take it home, which was a terrifying experience because the windows were fogged up in a mysterious and upsetting way, and my brakes were making a scary noise. I actually didn't crash and die.
I then went to Jerry's to see if I could get some kind of bulletin board stuff...I ALMOST got off at the right exit but not quite...so close! Then I stopped really dangerously at a yellow light that I really should have just driven through, and my brakes did something even MORE terrifying, and I felt pretty sure I wasn't going to live to see Wednesday...then I got to Jerry's and parked.
...by this time it was about 8 pm, and they closed at 8, but they helped me out anyway, cause they were pretty cool.

I got some boards, and some backing, and it ended up being more expensive than I wanted but at this point I really didn't care much about that, I just wanted to make it happen.
I also got some wood glue (might be helpful for other things as well!!) and when I was standing outside by the wood cutting dock, I saw these bundles of wood on the clearance rack, and they just happen to be exactly what I had been wanting for something else in this project! YES!

Ok, so by the time I got home, it was closer to 9, and I decided to check my email.
My sister had emailed me. She's not going to be mad at me anymore! YAY!
So I talked to her on IM about that, and then expressed that I needed to go glue pieces of wood together, and she was all confused and needed me to stay and talk to her about her audition for Midsummer Night's Dream instead, and I haven't talked to her in a week, so I did that...
Meanwhile, my boy finally emailed me (my phone is still dead) and said I could stay with him if I wanted (since we both have lots of homework and studying to do in the next few days) so I did that, but I had to do it very promptly because I felt too scared to drive again, which meant I had to take the bus at 10:10 pm...

So that was the end of my day yesterday. A very full day, no?
I was really irritated with myself that I didn't get started on the boards that i bought, but I took some pictures. Tonight I can do the actual labor involved! I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment